1. Let’s begin this interview by knowing a bit about you and how long have you been in this field?
I was born and raised in the DarounHarissa village in Lebanon. At the age of just 13, I received the St. Paul Award for Artistry from the President of Lebanon, Mr. Emile Lahoud. In 2009, I graduated from L’Ateiler du Paris as a ‘Visagiste’, a professional Make-Up Artist. Returning to Lebanon, I completed a two-year intense training with Mike Fawaz and ElieSaman.
During my fulfilling career, I have worked for MAC Cosmetics, MBC and Rotana TV, and worked with many Arab personalities in the media including Diana Haddad, Aline Watfa, Mona Amarsha to name a few.
Currently, I am the Regional Makeup Artist at Paris Gallery. My dream is to change the perception of art through my work and leave my fingerprint on the world of beauty and fashion. Makeup is truly my art. People will stare, and with my art, I will make it worth their while!
2. How do you describe your makeup style?
I like to think of it as “wearable art”. When I apply makeup on customers and models, I want them to feel comfortable wearing the makeup. Ideally, makeup should make you feel comfortable whether it is subtle neutrals or over-the-top brights.
3. What do you absolutely love about makeup and what are your beauty must haves?
The reasons are countless! I love how makeup can enhance beauty and conceal things, which in turn make you more feel more comfortable and confident about yourself. My top beauty must haves are Yves Saint Laurent’s L’OR Rouge, Diorskin Foundation Serum, Rodial’s Contouring Kit, Sisley’s Phyto Lip Twist, Gucci’s Liquid Eyeliner and Lancôme’s Hyponose Drama Mascara. I absolutely love using these products on my customers and they love it too!
4. Are there any wedding hairstyle and makeup styles that you absolutely love?
I love it when a bride opts for a natural, glamorous look with bold lips and retro classic hair on the big day.
5. Other than Makeup Artistry what’re your other passion/hobbies?
“The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.” – Yves Saint-Laurent
My other passions include fashion and my next step in the industry is to create fashion accessories.
6. What pre-wedding treatments would you recommend to a bride for rejuvenated skin?
Every bride wants clear, glowing and rejuvenated skin before the big day. First and foremost, stay hydrated! Water clears the skin of toxins and keeps it plump and hydrated. Brides should also consider indulging in regular facials at least 3 months before the big day. Make sure you have a really good skincare regime, especially in the weeks prior to your wedding day. An effective skincare routine will make your skin look and feel healthy! I recommend using Lancôme’s Genefique and/or Visionnaire range.
7. Bold or Nude – what lip colours do you recommend for a bride?
Both! It really depends on the bride and what she is most comfortable with and what goes along with her hair and dress! Nude lips can make a bride look more natural and very classy. Contrary to what most people think, nude lips can be very glamorous, too!
8. What products will you suggest for a clear, glowing look on the wedding day?
Eisenberg’s Youth Elixir, Guerlain’s Meteorites Revealing Pearls of Powder, Chanel’s Le Blanc Illuminating Base and YSL’s Top Secrets Instant Moisture Glow.
9. Pink or Peach tone blush – how can a bride know which one to use for her wedding?
It really depends on her skin tone, eye and hair color as well as the entire makeup look.
10. What products a bride must have on hand the day of the wedding?
Definitely powder, lip liner & lipstick!
11. Are there any extra tips that you would like to share with the brides?
Allow your makeup to complement your wedding dress. If your wedding dress is soft and romantic, do not go with a heavy, smoky makeup look. If you love this style of makeup, then soften it, so that it works with the gown. The goal is to tie the entire look together instead of having clashes. I recommend brides to visit us at Paris Gallery to gain some great ideas and tips for the big day!
12. Lastly, what message would you like to share with the brides reading this?
Simply always smile and look at the bright side of everything in life. You can live like a bride every day!